Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I love youth ministry!

It started in the church.  Years ago, there were these people who belonged to the Single's Ministry who would take a vacation leave from their works just to be with us during youth camps and other fellowships. Years ago, there these men and women who prayed, wept and fasted for us.  I remember my prayer then: I wanted to be like them.  There was this desire in my heart that one day soon, when I will be of their age, I will also be speaking and testifying in front of the youth.  It was in the church where my passion for young people developed.  

Those who mentored us before now belong to different ministries.  They've got their own families now but we are their legacy.  We are living proofs that the time and effort they all exerted when they were in their single season were never wasted.  

And so I'd like to do the same.  I get excited every time I hear of youth jam and youth camp and other youth fellowships.  Work could be very demanding at times but there's this force inside that brings me back to where I started.  There's this burning urge to pack my bags, travel 12 hours just to see how these young people connect themselves to God.  

I am happy looking at them praise and worship.  I see myself in them years ago.  I see much of who I was before and it makes me smile.  I thank God.  I thank Him on how He has used the church and the people to help me respond to my call.  And in whatever and however way I can, I want to make my life count and be used in helping these youth realize their God-send dreams.  

I am standing with the youth and I pray that their generation will better shape the human history. :)



1. The first photo was taken last October 18, a prelude to the church's anniversary
2. Second photo was taken in April during the summer youth camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment