Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Of love blog

I was looking for something in the web yesterday when I came across this blog: christianlovestories.blogspot.com.  I thought it was another hopeless romantic website and it was but there's something in it that made me want to read more. And I was inspired, I was all the more encouraged for a love story made in heaven.

The love of the husband for his wife; the chronicle of how such love can defy even cancer,that kind of love centered not on the woman or the man but on God alone.

And the prayer of Ruth Graham when she was in her teenage years, I would be praying that from today :)
In time, I'd add a Part 2 to that (like Kristy), in God's perfect time, I know, I will.



Let Him Be Like Thee

By: Ruth Graham (Mrs. Billy)



"Dear God," I prayed, all unafraid,
(As girls are apt to be),
"I do not want a handsome man,
But let him be like Thee.

"I do not need one big and strong,
Nor one so very tall,
Nor need he be some genius,
Or wealthy, Lord, at all.

"But let his head be high, dear God,
And let his eyes be clear,
His shoulders straight, whate'er his state,
Whate'er his earthly sphere.
"And let his face have character
A ruggedness of soul,
And let his whole life show, dear God,
A singleness of goal.


"And when he comes, as he will come,
With quiet eyes aglow,
I'll understand that he's the man
I prayed for long ago."


And So He Came
By Kristy Dykes (Mrs. Milton)


"And so he came, dear Lord, one day,
And set my heart aglow,
I knew he was the one I prayed for,
On that day so long ago.


"I prayed so modestly, dear Lord,
And didn't ask for much,
But You knew all along, dear Lord,
And used Your heavenly touch.
"He's as handsome as a picture
With hair as black as coal.
And eyes that always understand,
Revealing his compassionate soul.

"He is so very tall and strong
But that's not all, dear Lord,
His heart is full of tenderness,
That only love affords.



"I've met the one You chose for me

My heart is filled with mirth,

I thank You, Lord, so very much,
For heaven here on earth."


And just like the authors (Kristy and Milton) in that new found favorite blog site,I love christian love stories. I hope to write mine too, with a man after God's own heart.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment