Monday, September 16, 2013

WASHING MACHINE AND THE THOUGHTS THAT CAME WITH IT (071313 Diary Entry))

Thank goodness, the washing machine I bought continues to make my life a little easier :) Makes me think of the next appliance I have (actually it's want and not have) to buy.
--------------------------
Funny how the need for a washing machine could lead me to writing this. I know, it is kinda ordinary but for someone like me who always equate salary to new dresses, new books and lots of food,this is somehow interesting.

I do wash my clothes but because I am barely home during weekends, all I want to do when I have time is sleep. The idea of a washing machine only came after our neighbor's helper who usually do the laundry for us, left. We shifted to laundry shop but we soon noticed that we're losing pants and blouses. That left us with no choice but to do the laundry, hand wash at that. It would have been ok if we have the luxury of time but Merryl has Sat classes and April is in the Dialysis Ctr from 6-6, leaving us all restless with just the sight of the laundry basket.


I was really smiling last Thur with the thought of me, buying a home appliance. I was even amazed when I started thinking about the budget for grocery, my sisters' allowance, and other needs. It didn't feel like this when I was 5 years younger. It doesn't also feel like this when I'm at home. Well, home is and will always be my comfort zone: I don't cook, I don't wash, in short, I don't have to worry about anything.


But things are different now and the fact that I am 'growing up' became all the more obvious this week. Instead of searching for the latest book I can buy, I saw myself asking other people about washing machine brands. It also dawned on me that I can now save P250-P350 each week because it's bye bye laundry shop (though I have to take P150 for softdrinks and junk foods for me and my sisters. Hindi madaling magbanlaw haha). Wheew! Talk about saving and budgeting  I'll have to learn more of those.


And yes, I was able to finally buy one (and a flat iron on sale haha, you know, girls!) last night (pocket draining) and thanks to my ever cooperative body clock that woke me up at 7 instead of 10, I'm done with the three laundry baskets (It still took long because I didn't want to use the dryer and I'm a bit OC with some of our clothes that I had to hand-wash them. hay!!I need body massage). 


I've also just finished eating BRUNCH (breakfast-lunch) which I had to cook after washing because my sisters who are supposed to be helping me now are attending to a cousin's need. 


Oh, the thrills and frills of being independent! Fulfilling? Of course! These realizations bring me so much appreciation of the season I am in. Tiring? Definitely! But the physical exhaustion could never compare to the satisfaction that comes from within. There' so much more to learn (cooking) and I don't know if this new interest in household matters comes from being 25 haha! We'll see! 


So what now?? Oh, I intend to sleep the whole afternoon! Masyado na akong masipag


No comments:

Post a Comment